Digital printers have outranked black and white printers in this modern world. Printing has been enhanced to another level with the help of digital printers. Digital printing refers to methods for printing a digital based data or image on different physical surfaces or media. Examples of digital printing can be, printing book covers, booklet, post card, business card and book mark printing. This is a colourful and attractive form of printing.Different flyer printing services use digital printing to print flyers. Due to this promoting and advertising are enhanced. And also, it is a tool to attract customers with its creative and colourful designs, which results in productivity.
Different methods of digital printing
Fine art inkjet printing
There is no printing plate setup as in offset printing which reduces the cost for printing for an artist. The advantage of using inkjet printing is that the artists are in full in charge of image production, colour correction.
Digital laser printers
In this method, digital images are exposed to a photographic paper which is light sensitive. The images obtained are the true photographs along with continuous description. The print is also of high quality. There is no distortion in the details as the lens is not used. Companies offering printing booklets use modern technology to give the best result.
Difference between digital printing and offset printing
- It is not time consuming whereas, offset printing is time consuming.
- Digital printing takes small quantities whereas, offset printing takes large quantities.
- Digital printing uses graphic system to produce best output whereas, offset printing does not uses any graphics system.
- Digital printing doesn’t use any printing plates whereas, offset printing uses printing plates.
- In digital printing, continuous work is done on a single job whereas; in offset printing multiple jobs are done.
- Digital printing is expensive whereas, offset printing is cheap.
Applications of digital printing
- In advertising.
- In photos
- In booklet and book cover printing.
- In Architectural design.
- In fine art
Enormous growth in the field of technology and digital printing has enabled its usage in various applications in present and also in future. Digital printing might be quite expensive but is in high demand in modern day world. This very useful in business aspects for advertising and promoting, which might lead to major conversions and increase in productivity